Monday, April 23, 2012

YOU & I Interview with BIGBANG(translation)



Emcee’s introduction followed by performance of hit song ‘Tonight’

Jung: Hello, everyone!
Lee: Hello, everyone!
Jung: Hi, I’m Jung Jae-Hyung.
Lee: I’m Hyo-ri, nice to meet you all.
Jung: It’s the 4th recording for the day, isn’t it?
Lee: Yes, it is.
Jung: The guests today can be described as most dazzling.
Lee: This program has been aired three times. What was the reaction of the people around you, Mr Jung?
Jung: My mom said she hate seeing me laugh all the time and asked why I kept saying ‘woo, woo, woo…’ whenever I asked questions. How about you? Did you hear anything unusual?
Lee: For me it’s ‘beautiful’, ‘very beautiful’.
Jung: That goes without saying.
Lee: And they said Mr Jung who stood beside me was suave.
Jung: Well, the conversation today went well.
Lee: You have a new haircut today. It’s really eye-catching.
Jung: Well, I did try to dress up a little today.
Lee: Men don’t normally wear clothes like yours. Not easy to ‘digest’ (pull off, gain acceptance).
Jung: Neither do women dressed up the way you do.
Lee: Yes, you’re right. The theme for my fashion today is this (emphasising her chest with her finger). Isn’t there a saying, “Less is more?” Rather than show everything, it’s better to reveal partially.
Jung: How could you say such things? That’s too much~
Lee: The special guests started off as idols and slowly rose to attain iconic status. Today a special stage proposal was made for the program, You & I. We invited BIGBANG to our studio. Please come on stage.
Jung: Getting ready.







Lee: BIGBANG won a lot of awards after debut I heard and that you topped many polls in particular. I’ve researched on them individually. Firstly, G-Dragon for attaining the 1st position in the poll, ‘Idol Singer whom I Wish Could Write the School Song’.
Jung: And TOP…
Lee: They want a G-Dragon religion, right?
Jung: Um… Have you ever tried something like it?
GD: No, I’ve never written a school song.
Lee: No~ not a school song but something like G-Dragon religion*.
(*Translator’s note: School song is called Gyo-Ga in Korean whereas religion is called GyoGa can be used as a particle.)
GD: Ah~ is there such a thing?
Jung:  It really isn’t religion …
Lee: It’s not?
Jung: We’re sorry, we’re sorry and…
Lee: I thought it really means that (religion)!
Jung: Hyo-ri has been talking too much with animals lately …
Lee: But it fits somewhat, GD’s appearance now and saying, “worship me…”
Jung: Just now in the holding room you said his hair looked as if it had been dipped in kimchi soup!
Jung: Ah, we’re sorry and…
Lee: Next!
Jung:  TOP ranks first for “Idol who is best suited for the Grim Reaper Look”.
Lee: It must be due to the thick eyeliner, isn’t it? But last time I checked, you didn’t really do smoky-eye makeup.
TOP: Yes, we just do makeup the natural way…
Lee: Heard that your eyes naturally looked that way.
TOP: Yes, naturally…
Lee: TOP doesn’t draw eyeliners very much…
Jung:  All handsome people don’t. Neither do I ~
Lee:But Daesung draws a lot~ 3cm! He’s really crazy over eyeliners!
Jung:  It suits him…
Daesung: I don’t go out without applying eyeliners.
Lee: You apply eyeliners even when you go to the supermarket?
Daesung: I’m thinking of having an eyeliner tattoo; a tattoo for a life time.
Lee: How about Seungri, do you have anything poll that you topped?
Jung: Taeyang doesn’t have any either.
Taeyang: Don’t have anything I topped…
Lee: Nothing that you remember?
Taeyang: Oh, I had one recently, “Idol who seems to be stuck home alone during Christmas “.
Lee: So, why are you always stuck at home, Taeyang?
Taeyang: I enjoy being at home. And there’s a member who’s always stuck at home with me.
Lee: Somehow, I don’t think their teenage years have been very smooth.
Jung: Those years must have really been competitive…
GD: I think during our teens, all we could remember was ‘survival’.
~ On Growth & Seungri’s ‘sexy’ comments~
Jung: I see. Are there any comforting words that you’d like to tell yourself when you were a teenager?
GD: I think it’s important to listen to your parents no matter what. Stay at home… and drink milk.
Lee: Drink milk~
GD: Don’t skip meals…
Seungri: And I think it’s a must to drink milk, especially when you’re in your teens.
GD: Such, such things…
Lee: Something to do with growth!
Taeyang: It’s because when we are at a stage when we really should have been eating and sleeping a lot but we didn’t have that luxury. We didn’t exactly get to eat a lot and didn’t sleep when it was time to do so, often sleeping at dawn…
Lee: Should’ve slept more when your growth plates are still open.
Taeyang: We grew our passion instead of focusing on the height.
Jung: Wow, Taeyang is really sensible!
Lee: No, not, but I think it’ll be quite awkward if BIGBANG’s really tall and stuff. Being the way you are suit you better!
Seungri: Well, there’s a saying “Small chillies are spicy*.”
(*Translator’s note: Meaning “Never underestimate a little man.” In Korean, it’s “Jak-Eun Go-Chu-Ga Mab-Da.”)
Lee: Oh, what an indecent phrase…
Seungri: Oh my! Why do you think of it that way?
Lee: How could you say something so indecent on air?!
Seungri: No, why should you think of it that way?!
Jung: Sorry, today Hyo-ri’s a bit…
Lee: (How could you say such a thing) To a Nuna, tsk.
Lee: But really, BIGBANG isn’t tall like some of the others but look at how stylish they are!
Jung:  Oh my, what are you trying to say? Oh, we’re sorry!
Lee: Oh, so be it! And let’s…! Ok, come! We still have a lot more to go!
~On Dating and getting the attention of their ideal types~
Jung: Do you know of one another’s dating affairs?
Lee: You all should know.
Jung: So, how do you all date?
TOP: None of us have a date right now.
Lee: Oh, really?
TOP: Yes.
Lee: You all really don’t have girlfriends now?
TOP: Really, we don’t.
Lee: Phew, it’s a pity to see such handsome guys not dating. Then again, when you were younger, you were probably too shy to speak to her even if there was someone you liked. What about now? If there’s someone you really like, what would you do?
Jung: What do you think you’d do?
~ GD’s style ~ 
Lee: How about Jiyong?
GD: I think I would take the active approach.
Jung: Then if there’s a pretty woman like Hyo-ri … I think everyone’s different and has different ways to charm a girl.
Lee: Seungri’s eyes twinkled~! With an expression that says, “I’m confident in this”~
Jung: Can we see their skills of charming a girl once? Here on the show?
Lee: Jiyong, if the girl’s in front of you. No, let’s say she’s a celebrity.
Jung:  Oh, celebrity and celebrity!
Taeyang: That’s very nice!
GD: What’s very nice?
Taeyang: It’s realistic.
Lee: Yes, it’s realistic! So a celebrity and you are walking across each other.
Taeyang: Oh, I really like it.
Lee: She’s going down the stage after performance.
GD: For me…
Lee: Oh, it’s hot!
GD: Thank you for your effort. I normally greet like this and go.
Lee: Yes, yes, thank you for your effort as well.
Jung: Wow, that looks cool.
Lee: His eyes looking at me…
Jung:  When you’re standing, you looked like an aunt (older woman) somewhat.
Lee: I looked like an aunt. I think I chose the wrong hairstyle today.
~ Daesung’s style ~ 
Jung: And now Daesung.
Daesung: In my case, it’s a short moment.
Lee: Yes, it’s a very short moment, that’s very important.
Daesung: So I can’t say many lines. I should establish an impact with just one line. So I’m passing by…
Lee: Yes, yes.
Daesung: It’s my first time.
Lee: What ‘first time’? What, what? What ‘first time’?
Daesung: Look, look, look at this reaction!
Lee: Wait! You said “It’s my first time” so I…
Daesung: Look! You automatically responded with “what?”
Jung: Let’s see it once more! It’s brilliant acting skill.
Lee: Come out!
Daesung: So I’ll go this way. It’s my first time.
Lee: What? Daesung?
(Draws a V without speaking a word)
Daesung: This way, the game’s over!
Lee: Oh, what’s with that guy? What’s this?
Daesung: Yes, then the game’s over.
Lee: It’s a bit like Seungri style.
Daesung: Ah…Yes.
Lee: Weren’t you the one preparing this and Daesung took away your chance?
~ TOP’s style ~ 
Jung: We still have two more to go. How about TOP?
TOP: I’m always a bit timid when it comes to such stuff.
Lee: Wouldn’t TOP just kiss?
TOP: Oh~
Jung: Yes, two of you did it once already.
Lee: Yes, we did.
TOP: If it were me, when I’m passing by, I wouldn’t really dare to speak and…
Jung:  Please act it out!
TOP: As I pass by, I’ll put my cell phone into her hip pocket.
Lee: Then you’d have touched her hips!
TOP: Oh, then the front pocket…
Lee: The front pocket? It’s even weirder!
Lee: How do you put your hand into the front pocket of a woman whom you just met at such a short time?!
TOP: No, maybe a jacket’s pocket or any pocket. She may call when she finds the phone.
GD: It sounds real.
~ Taeyang’s style ~ 
Jung:  Just now, it was quite cool when you inserted the phone into the pocket. Wow, I should try that. How about Taeyang?
Taeyang: Actually, I’m really not good at these things.
GD: We know Taeyang. One look and we can tell if it’s something he does.
Taeyang: How, how?
Lee: Try first, Taeyang!
Taeyang: I honestly think I’d do this. So I’m passing by the girl. I need Seungri.
Jung: So two of you together.
Taeyang: Seungri, (I like) her…
Lee: Did he say “Seungri likes her more?”
GD: Seungri, (I like) her.
Lee: Oh, (I like) her!
Seungri: He’s asking me to get her number!
Lee: Oh, then Seungri would get the number for him?
Seungri: Yes, I do him a favor. Yeah, it works that way~
~ TOP acting out Seungri’s style ~ 
Lee: Ah~ that’s his style. A bit too shy to do it himself so Seungri does it on his behalf. That’s nice. How about Seungri? Seungri, are you ready?
Jung: Let’s think of a scenario.
Lee: Are you concentrating?
TOP: I think I can imitate how he does it.
Jung: Please demonstrate.
TOP: I’ll do it instead.
Lee: Then let’s see TOP first. TOP!
TOP: I can imitate what he does exactly!
Lee: Go on.
Seungri: Ah, the one I’m doing.
Lee: Thanks for your effort. Thanks for your effort. I feel so uncomfortable! Ah, so uneasy!
Seungri: Ay, when did I act this way? No, wait a minute. No, when did I?  How did I…!
Lee: Wow, with that’s an uncomfortable, pressurizing stare…
Jung: That was really nice to watch.
Lee: BIGBANG’s music is good, that’s without question. They are good on variety shows too.
Jung:  Yes, I know.
~ On YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Seok ~ 
Lee: Well, before you entered YG, you should’ve liked Taiji Boys. You must have been their fans, aren’t you? So now, how’s Yang Hyun Seok? Rumour has it that he has changed a lot.
GD: Yes… Now he’s an angel.
Lee: Angel.
GD: Yang-angel.
Lee: He got “angel” as his new nickname?
GD: To the extent that I’m beginning to wonder if he’s the Hyun-Seok I know whenever I watch K-pop Star.
Lee: Recently, he always smiles and gives positive feedback.
GD: That was the first time I saw him smiling with so much kindness.
Seungri: He always talks in a really cold manner to us but not to the ones appearing on K-pop Star who’re young.
Lee: Yes, true.
Seungri: He talks in a very kind manner, worried that they might get hurt.
(In YG voice) Um… Do you think uncle (YS) will talk about you in a nice or bad way? In the end, I’m saying that you improved a lot.
Lee: Sounds really similar.
Seungri: (still in YS’s voice) YG would cast you, though.
Jung: Really the best.
Lee: True.
~ On BIGBANG’s forbidden photos ~
Lee: I heard that there are ‘forbidden photos’ of BIGBANG. Something that you’d say ‘this photo is really forbidden, I wish it won’t be on air’.
Jung: Yes, heard that there are ‘forbidden photos’ and… Ah! It’s on the screen now!
Lee: Daesung seems like he’s somewhat sick! Oh my, Jiyong. It’s quite cute actually.
Seungri: No hair in the nostrils.
Lee: Who’s that? Really?
Daesung: Producer, Producer!
Seungri: Wait a while, no!
Daesung: Producer~
Lee: Who’s that~
Seungri: oh no! My image~!
Lee: You must have been really tired, Seungri!
Seungri: Please, I’d rather you kill me!
Seungri: Ah, that’s cute! That’s cute! Please tell me I’m cute!
Lee: Yes, that’s cute, cute.
Seungri: Well, I have dark circles, yes, yes.
Lee: Daesung! Dae-ssica (Daesung+Jessica of SNSD)
Taeyang: Dae-ffany! (Daesung+Tiffany of SNSD)
Seungri: Hyo-Dae, Hyo-Dae! (Hyoyeon of SNSD+Daesung)
Lee: That’s funny, that’s funny. Stuff like these are really funny though one may not really like them, right?
Jung: Yes, that’s funny!
GD: When I was younger, I really didn’t like it but now I do.
Lee: Yes, yes. You must learn to keep your composure even when seeing those pictures since you’re so loved, right?
Jung: (About meeting BIGBANG) I felt a bit of pressure as I’m older (than BIGBANG) and was quite worried about what I should do but felt really happy, and it was nice to see you all in a good mood.
Lee: Yes, thank you so much. And please continue with your cool performances.
BIGBANG: Thank you!
End of interview


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com